The services offered include:
- All boat repairs, including classic timber yachts and modern GRP craft
- Yacht rigging
- Boat painting
- Welding specialist
- Boat moorings, including marina moorings on floating pontoons and jetty moorings
- Boat storage ashore
- Under-cover boat storage/workshop space
- Inboard engines installed and serviced
- Slipway to 30 tonnes
- Mobile crane to around 20 tonnes
If you have any other issues that aren’t on the list, get in touch and lets see if we can help.
Douglas Boatyard is located on the tidal River Douglas in Lancashire
Accessible by boat from the Irish Sea (via the Ribble Estuary), from the Leeds-Liverpool Canal (via the Rufford branch), and from the Lancaster Canal (via the Ribble Link). We are also easily found by road, please see our Find Us page for pilotage notes and road map.
Douglas Marine Limited owns and operates Douglas Boatyard, in Lancashire, one of the North West’s leading boatyards where a full range of boat repair services and boat moorings have been provided for over 100 years.
Douglas Marine Limited employs a team of skilled and experienced shipwrights and boatyard operatives, working in modern workshops with specialist equipment, so they are able to carry out boat repairs and boat maintenance on all types of craft, both for sea-going and for inland waterways craft.